This blog has been terribly neglected in the last few months (apologies!) but I have some exciting news to share:
- I received my doctorate from the University of St. Gallen in February 2016 and was fortunate enough to be one of the few graduates with “summa cum laude” (highest distinction).
- As of January 2016 I started as an Assistant Professor at BI Norwegian School in Oslo, Department of Communication and Culture. In addition, I have an appointment as a researcher at the University of Leipzig, Institute of Communication and Media Studies.
- Exciting times: At BI, together with a few colleagues from the department, we founded the Nordic Centre for Internet & Society and are planning to expand it gradually. Some news are on the site of the Centre, for example my visit of the ICA Conference, the EGOS Colloquium and the Social Media & Society Conference (including an award as “Most Engaged Attendee on Twitter 😉 and the publication of a paper about the sharing economy in Computers in Human Behavior.
- Two of my co-authored papers were recently accepted. The first at the Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology (JASIST) about serendipity, the second at Mobile Media & Communication about Tinder. They will be out shortly.
- We managed to get an EU grant to investigate “Participation, Privacy and Power in the Sharing Economy” with a team of six universities in total and one company. More infos shortly!